Tips and Strategies for GRE
What is GRE?
GRE (Graduate Record Examinations) is a standardized test and a mandatory test to appear for the students who are wiling to get admission in graduate and business schools. GRE scores are accepted by selected graduate schools in US, UK, China, Canada, Australia etc. This test is conducted by ETS (educational testing service), which is a private non profit organization under the Graduate record examination board which is a committee of graduate business schools across the world. This testing agency conducts the test in 9 parts of the country including Ahmedabad, Allahabad, Bangalore, Calcutta, Chennai, Hyderabad, Mumbai, New Delhi, and Trivandrum. One must always choose the coaching centres for GRE wisely in order to get better Tips and Strategies for GRE.
The GRE subject test is meant to assess a candidate in a particular area of academic interest with no age barrier. Eligible Candidates are ones who already have studied one out of the following 7 subjects Biochemistry, Cell and Molecular Biology, Biology, Chemistry, English literature, Mathematics, Physics and Psychology.
What does GRE Tests?
GRE tests a candidate on the basis of 3 abilities which are:
- How well is the subject accustomed to English Vocabulary and its effective usage. The test has three exercises to check a student’s command on the verbal reasoning which are Reading Comprehension, Sentence Completion and Sentence Equivalence with Antonyms and Analogies.
- The candidate’s mettle is also tested under the section of quantitative reasoning with the questions based on the concepts of algebra, numerical methods and geometry.
- Analytical Writing is a very important section of this exam because it is here in this section that her personal interests and opinions get a voice with the first task being analyzing an issue task candidate is subjected to write his/her views on it. The second task being analyzing an argument wherein candidate must take a firm stand accompanied with logic and facts to prove his point.
5 Basic Tips and Strategies for GRE
- When preparing for Verbal Reasoning make sure you don’t just get caught up with learning fancy and long words. It is not a test about knowing new words but you must keep your base strong and pay special attention to the context of each word that is being used.
- Reading Comprehension seems easy as answers are right there in front of you but with the amount of similar looking alternative answers candidates are bound to get confused so pay special time and effort in practicing comprehensions. You must be able to comprehend it in the correct manner as it is mentioned without any traces of ambiguity.
- Quantitative Reasoning section demands speed and accuracy with a tinch of skill. Some questions have their answers easily available which do not involve the use of calculator while some need the effective use of calculator. The concepts of basic formulas and variables should be clear in the subject’s mind.
- When it comes to the writing task the clarity, coherency, credibility and context of the content plays an important role and it gives a clear picture of the candidate’s ability of expression. Writing for the argument involves proper knowledge of the facts and figures although it gives your write up a boost but avoid using them if you aren’t sure about it because the examiner can cross question you upon that.
- GRE demands special practice of all the concepts which we think we are perfect at but practicing upon them we are bound to make mistakes. So when you are aiming to crack this paper keep your concepts strong, communicate in English language, read as much as you can in order to understand the way of writing, solve each type of algebraic or geometrical questions that are available in the sample papers.
New Cambridge College provides the best GRE Coaching in Chandigarh with its batch timings being suitable for students and professionals alike. The subjects are explained on a week to week basis with the best Tips and Strategies for GRE. We provide regularly three hours and extensive five hours batches on weekdays and weekends respectively. Every day a new test and full length mock tests help a student’s reach the level of Excellency needed to give the best in GRE.